Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
SIE is a mysterious mercenary character in the game Alpha Protocol. Little is known about her except the fact that she was a former Stasi agent, taking part in numerous conflicts. SIE was recruited into the East German Intelligence at a young age to be trained as an elite agent. She is the leader of the VCI faction in Moscow and a handler option in the Moscow and Rome hubs, and in the final mission as well.
- "If you want me to be quiet I am afraid you will have to choke me - after you tie me up."
- — SIE to Michael Thorton
Not much is known of the operative "SIE" other than her status as an ex-Stasi agent, and a long list of conflicts in which she has been spotted... usually partaking in the action. Records indicate she was recruited into East German Intelligence at a young age and trained to be an elite agent.
SIE's career had barely begun by the time the Stasi was expelled - records indicated that SIE became a freelancer shortly afterwards: the closest the CIA has gotten to acquiring more intelligence was in 1990, after she offered information on Stasi officials for a reported price of $5 million. The Director of the German branch of the CIA was asked to bring her into custody by the head of German Intelligence as a personal favor, but during the attempted apprehension, SIE killed two junior operatives, six German police officers, and wounded ten others.
SIE regularly works for the Egyptian Arms Consortium, the Russian Mafia, Burmese drug lords, the North Korean government, and the Veteran Combat Initiative - data indicates she is currently under contract with the VCI for an undisclosed operation in Moscow.
SIE has a fierce pragmatism, switching between ally and enemy quite quickly when the situation demands it. She doesn't hold grudges, and sees everyone as tools to reaching her objective... her paycheck. It is possible that when a mission is complete and she's been paid, that she might change sides completely if given the right incentive.
Interactions with Michael ThortonEdit
- SIE and her faction soldiers of the VCI are a possible ally during Michael's mission at Lenigradski Station.
- It is possible to attack SIE during the mission where you first meet her, even if the player agreed to work with her. Doing so will actually net the player +1 approval if you use an aggressive stance after the fight, or -1 if the player uses a professional stance, although the player can get that +1 or -1, without fighting her by responding to her e-mail after the Investigate Weapon Shipments mission using the aggressive dialogue stance.
- The player can save, execute, or abandon SIE if you chose her as your handler (instead of siding with Albatross and G22) for the embassy mission during the assault on Brayko's Mansion. She will be captured and tortured by Konstantin Brayko. If the player chooses to go after her instead of the Halbech data, she will be tied up in a chair cut and beaten. The player can choose to kill her, or free her. If the data was pursued rather than the ally, SIE will die. The choice can be circumvented if playing using the Tech Specialist or the Veteran backgrounds.
- SIE is a possible handler for the Moscow missions Intercept Surkov at US Embassy, and by extension, Assault Brayko's Mansion. She can also be your chosen handler for the Rome mission Investigate Marburg's Villa.
- SIE (along with Albatross and Steven Heck) is one of the available three handlers for the final mission to infiltrate Alpha Protocol.
- She is a possible romance option (with a reputation of 6 or higher). The aggressive dialogue stance is used to gain reputation with her.
|Friendship||Size Matters II||SMG and Assault Rifle Recoil Control +2||The German mercenary with the over-sized gun is helping you on this mission. She can pass on several pointers on handling large hardware, whatever that means.|
|Neutral to Trusted||Size Matters||SMG and Assault Rifle Recoil Control +1||With SIE assisting you over the earpiece, you're picking up several pointers on how to properly lay down suppressive fire.|
|Disliked||Never Show Fear to a Cougar||Damage Resistance +5%||There's something about SIE's androgynous voice over your earpiece that makes you less inclined to die - it's probably the fear that if you were wounded on your mission, she'd rescue you and lick your wounds.|
|Animosity or Hatred||Never Show Fear to a Cougar II||Damage Resistance +10%||Like it or not, you're working with SIE for this mission. At least her annoying accent and awkward innuendos distract you from the pain of injury.|
1. Hack computer in Investigate Weapon Shipments
2. Hack computer in Intercept Surkov at US Embassy
3. Hack computer in Prevent Surkov's Escape
- If you successfully romance SIE, she undresses and reveals a red thong matching her bra seen under her revealing shirt.
- She is the most overtly flirtatious, suggestive, sexualized character in the game.
- It is possible to play through the game and never meet her face to face.
- If you decide to attack her, you will get SIE´s kneepad in your safehouse as a trophy.
- SIE's name is a german word meaning both "her/she" as well as "they/them." This is likely a minor in-game reference to her personality and her characterization. She's known from the trailers, the cover art, and the concept art as a random woman (she - referring to any woman) who flaunts her sexuality. She also demonstrates considerable, lethal skills that would have many believe her work to be that of multiple people (such as killing the group of Russian mobsters with a barrage of gunfire all on her own when first encountered).
- Despite her dossier photo and the icon used for the Savage Love perk/trophy acquired upon romancing SIE, she is never shown smoking a cigarette in-game.
A mission listed in italics means that mission does not to be completed to complete a playthrough. The words (Determinant) mean this character only may appear in that mission.
- Intercept Surkov at US Embassy (Determinant; voice/handler)
- Assault Brayko's Mansion (Determinant; can be killed)
- Infiltrate Alpha Protocol (Determinant)
| Graybox Alan Parker, Henry Leland, Michael Thorton, Mina Tang, Sean Darcy, Yancy Westridge|
|Graybox Factions Alpha Protocol, Halbech Corporation, U.S. Military Alpha Protocol|
|Saudi Arabia Ali Shaheed, Omar Nasri, , Al-Samad Lieutenant, Scarlet Lake|
|Saudi Arabia Factions Al-Samad|
|Rome Conrad Marburg, Gelateria Nico Proprietor, Jibril Al-Bara, Madison Saint James|
|Rome Factions CIA, Deus Vult|
|Moscow Albatross, Championchik, Grigori Pazinhov, Konstantin Brayko, SIE, Sergei Surkov, Sis|
|Moscow Factions G22, Russian Mafia, Surkov's Guards, VCI|
|Taipei Hong Shi, Omen Deng, Ronald Sung, Steven Heck, Wen Shu|
|Taipei Factions Chinese Secret Police, NSB, White Oak Mountain Triad|