This page lists news items posted at the wiki.
- Anybody may post news items which are related to Alpha Protocol, as well as the wiki itself.
- To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News
- To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
GameBanshee has interviewed Obsidian's Chris Avellone and Feargus Urquhart at E3 about various stuff, mostly Fallout: New Vegas and Alpha Protocol.
Here's some interesting bits from the Chris Avellone interview:
- GB: Based on the reception the game has received, is there anything you would have done differently if you could go back?
- Chris: If I could go back and start on the project from the outset? Sure, absolutely - and don't take anything I say as this would somehow magically be a better game, it would just be different, and most likely have other things people hated about it. Anyway, I'd make a spy version of Kill Bill (if it had to be a spy game at all and not just a real world RPG title, which would be great), change the main character to not be a set character, screw the realism and focus on the fantastic, add more mission reactivity between missions and between cities, change the mission structure to the honeycomb mission structure our Systems Designer proposed 2 years in (and what o…
Since the wiki has catapulted into activity, I think it's time to shape our editing work. A few incidents have risen where the nomenclature for specific articles have either been inconsistent or too obtuse. Since writing a fully documented manual seems a bit redundant and too lengthy for a wiki of this size, I'll just bullet-point it:
- Follow by example. Right now, for editing purposes, try to follow The Vault's layout as a header.
- Concerning characters, locations, missions, items, etc; if there's an in-game description, then copy that and use that as the article summary, for now. We don't want excessively verbose articles with meaningless descriptions, so if there's an in-game description; use it. If there isn't one, then make something up, but try to be consistent with (a) every other article on the wiki and (b) articles on an external wiki.
- We're not doing individual articles for every weapon, armor, and items; it would bloat the wiki, and there's not much to say about every possible w…
Read more >
If you want to create a version of this wiki in another language, you can easily do it by clicking the "Create a new wiki" button at the top of each page, typing "alphaprotocol" as the wiki's address and choosing the proper language from the list. If you're not sure how to start once you have created one or you want help with wiki creation itself, you can ask here and we can help you out, install the proper skin etc. Help us make the ultimate guide to Alpha Protocol not just in English, but in all other languages too!Read more >
Alpha Protocol has been released in the United States today. If you have the game already, help us improve the wiki!Read more >
Alpha Protocol has finally arrived on European game store shelves. If you're already playing the game, help us build the Alpha Protocol walkthrough! Meanwhile, American gamers will need to wait until Tuesday for the game's release.Read more >
To celebrate the upcoming release of the game, Wikia is giving away two awesome Alpha Protocol-themed iPod Touches given to us by Sega! All you have to do to enter is register a Wikia account and e-mail us. Two lucky winners will be randomly chosen from all eligible entries. See below for the details.
Read more >
Free PC Guides has posted a translation and writeup of an Alpha Protocol review by the Spanish gaming magazine Playmania (Issue 127).So here they are, the Alpha Protocol Review detailed scores, featured in Playmania Magazine: * Graphics -> 80 - The exteriors are not so bad but the models and their animations are far from perfect. * Sound -> 90 - Appropriate soundtrack. * Diversity -> 89 - Even though it's the same game, there are many possibilities when it comes to customizing your character and deciding how to play. * Duration -> 90 - The replayability factor is really high. You can play Alpha Protocol a lot of times without experiencing the same adventure. * Overall -> 88 - A spy role playing game that succeeds in blending action with stealth and gives players a high degree of freedom in choosing how they want to proceed. The Best parts of Alpha Protocol -> The freedom to choose how you want to acoplish your objectives and a great decision making system. The Worst parts of Alpha Protoc… Read more >
A new official Alpha Protocol trailer has been released on YouTube. Even though it's only a minute and a half, it's a welcome preview!Read more >
After Destructoid, GamesRadar is another website to have an Alpha Protocol week, starting with a feature article about the importance of dialogue.
- Alpha Protocol allows you to bring these conversational skills very much to the fore and dialogue and character interaction form an integral part of the game, affecting everything from how you’ll approach your missions, to the weapons and items you can acquire to carry them out. Unlocking people with your conversational skills is key to success, so whether you’re as hot headed as a chilli-chomping chinchilla or as silver tongued as a thermometer-licking aardvark, Alpha Protocol’s dialogue system has something to offer you.
And here's what we read about in the following days:
- Monday 3 May: Combat and Weapons
- Tuesday 4 May: Gadgets and Gizmos
- Wednesday 5 May: Stealth
- Thursday 6 May: The Femme Fatales
Source: Obsidian ForumRead more >
In recent days, Sega and Obsidian have released several new Alpha Protocol trailers. You can see them all here:Read more >
SEGA informs that all copies of Alpha Protocol pre-ordered at Best Buy will include a code for downloading an exclusive "Stealth Weapons Pack". Will it be better than GameStop's "Assault Pack"? Probably depends on your playing style.
In Obsidian's Alpha Protocol, your number one weapon is choice. And, everyone knows that out on the battlefield, surrounded by enemies with death potentially lurking around every corner, even the best of the best agents are still going to need all the firepower they can get their hands on. Which is why today we’re excited to announce that when players pre-order Alpha Protocol at Best Buy they will guarantee that their copy will have the code to download the exclusive “Stealth Weapons Pack”. This pack contains the Hamilton Marksman High-Accuracy Pistol, the Samael Typhoon High Recoil Control SMG and a bonus arsenal of ammo and mines, all designed to make every agent’s mission that much more fun – and deadly for anyone that gets in their way.
- The Stealth Weapon…