Field of ViewEdit
This only applies to the PC version of the game.
The default value for fov in Alpha Protocol is 60. While this is suitable for a TV monitor plugged into a console, it is not so suitable for PC screens, and some people hate tunnel vision.
Since this game seems to be Vert-, various FOV problems with triplehead and widescreen can also be solved by changing FOV.
Since Alpha Protocol runs on Unreal Engine 3, the solution is quite a generic UE3 solution.
- Go to \Alpha Protocol\APGame\Config. If you bought your game on Steam, navigate to the "common" folder in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common.
- Open DefaultInput.ini with a text editor
- Find a line that looks says:
; --- General bindings
- Insert this line under the general bindings line found above:
- The "F11" section is the key that changes the FOV. You can change this to whatever other key you wish.
- The "Fov 93" section is the field of view angle. You can change this to whatever you wish.
- So the general section should look something close to this:
LookUpScale=-250 MouseSensitivity=60.0 DoubleClickTime=0.250000 bEnableMouseSmoothing=true ; --- General bindings +Bindings=(Name="F11",Command="Fov 93") +Bindings=(Name="MoveForward",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0") +Bindings=(Name="MoveBackward",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=-1.0") +Bindings=(Name="StrafeLeft",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=-1.0") +Bindings=(Name="StrafeRight",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=+1.0") +Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="shot")
- Start the game and hit F11 (or whatever other key you bound it to).